Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You Owe it to Him/Her


Subject: You Owe it to Him/Her
From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com

 Sumner Wemps Spiritual Encouragement & Motivation
     view archive 



You Owe it to Him/Her

From the writings of Sumner Wemp

Jan. 2010



You owe it to him/to her

 

"Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command" 1 Cor. 7:1-6.
 
Do we need this today!
Fornication and adultery are at epidemic proportions today. "may you ever be captivated by her love" Pro 5:19 and the same goes for the wife. Love each other, enjoy each other, "Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife?" vs. 20.
 
The unpardonable sin, well almost. I spoke at a big men's conference years ago. A medical Dr. insisted on taking me to the airport. We had not gone a hundred feet when he blurted out, "My wife has not been a wife to me in over 8 months, what am I going to do." Another man, I had just led to Christ said, "My wife has not let me have physical relations with her in over two years." Another man said, "My wife refused me sex and I told her 10 years ago, I would never ask her again." Every counselor could tell you scores of stories just like these and of wives being deprived of this intimacy. Read the advice columns, it will shock you.
God has something to say about that "You don't have the power (authority) over your body" to deny your spouse this marital right. He says, "Defraud (deprive ye not) ye not one another...lest Satan tempt you for your incontinency (your lack of self control)." This is serious business. Believe me ladies, that desire and drive in your husband is uncontrollable except by the power of God. Kind sir, you owe it to your wife to give her that love, affection and intimacy she longs for from you. The simple truth is "obey God." Be like Peter and say, "Because you say so, I will." Lk 5:5.
 
O dear people let's be the kind of spouses that loves each other and supplies each others needs that we can give them, for their sake, for our sakes and for the kingdom of God's sake so the name of Christ is not hurt.
 
Prayer:  Father, bless this couple and may they meet each others needs for Your glory, in Jesus name

Click her for the East-West website

 


inJesus.com
IJCWM2H-GA007EM8-OA007GRN-TB007H7V-2HIJCWM

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'