Thursday, January 14, 2010

Contentment


It means a lot to know that so many people are praying for me. As we wait for a go ahead from the insurance and then and opening to see doctors at Mayo, I find it easy to get frustrated as the days drag by. During this period I have had bouts with pain that are redefining what I thought I knew about pain. Through the frustrations and periods of pain Philippians 4:11 keeps coming to mind..."learning to be content." I have also found myself returning again and again to Ron Hamilton's song, Rejoice in the Lord" that he wrote after losing an eye to cancer. "God never moves without purpose or plan, when trying His servant and molding a man. Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long: In darkness He giveth a song. I could not see through the shadows ahead; So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead. I bowed to the will of the Master that day; Then peace came and tears fled away. Now I can see testing comes from above: God strengthens His children and purges in love. My Father knows best, and I trust in His care; Through purging more fruit I will bear. O rejoice in the Lord. He makes no mistake. He knoweth the end of each path that I take. For when I am tried and purified, I shall come forth as gold." Don't be afraid to speak to someone who is walking through the valley. It isn't always your words they need. A hug or a squeeze as you pause to walk with them for a moment often says all that you want to and is often all that they need! Resting in Him. JG

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'