Monday, January 25, 2010

HOLY GROUND SPOTS

Pastor Rick Jackson

Years ago I heard Evangelist Wendell Calder preach a message on “Holy Ground Spots” which really spoke to my heart. The Lord laid this message on my heart recently and though it may have some similarities [I should hope] I did not go back and review Brother Calder’s message before preparing this one. May the dear Lord guide our thoughts to His Word!

Every person should have at least three holy ground spots. You can have more but you should have at least these three.

I. THE HOLY GROUND SPOT OF SALVATION [Acts 9:1-5]

1. This Cannot be Repeated [Jn. 3:1-8]

2. This Should be Remembered [Isaiah 51:1]

Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged.
2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

3. This Ought Be Referenced [Acts 9:1-5ff, 22:1-10ff, 26:9-15ff, I Cor. 15:8]

II. THE HOLY GROUND SPOT OF SURRENDER [Acts 9:6]

1. When- ideally at the moment of Salvation [Rm. 10:9-13]

2. What- identification with Christ by dying to self [Matthew 10:39]

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
1 Cor. 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

3. Why- it is the way to live life to its fullest! [John 12:24]

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

III. THE HOLY GROUND SPOT OF SERVICE [Psalm 100:2]

Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

1. Begin with presentment [Romans 12:1]

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2. Continue with Commitment [Job 5:8]

I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause:
Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
1 Timothy 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
1 Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

3. Conclude with Contentment [Philippians 4:11]

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
1 Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'