Sunday, January 17, 2010

A PERMANENT THREE DAY SCHEDULE

HEBREWS 13:8

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. YESTERDAY

1. Forget Failures [1 John 1:8-9]

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

2. Forget Successes [Philippians 3:13]

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

3. Forget Worrying [Romans 8:28]

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Yesterday is gone, leave it with God.

II. TODAY

1. Today is the Day for Salvation [2 Corinthians 6:2b]

…behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

2. Today is the Day for Standing [Ephesians 6:13]

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.


3. Today is the Day for Serving [Joshua 24:15]

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Today is the day to live for God.

III. TOMORROW

1. I May Face Entirely Unexpected Situations [Proverbs 27:1]

Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

2. I May Face Eternity [James 4:13-15]

Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

3. I May Face Exceeding Joy [Titus 2:13]

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Tomorrow must be entrusted to God. I know not what the future holds, but I do know Who holds the future.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'