Sunday, May 23, 2010

THE PEACE OF THE CITY

Jeremiah 29:1-7

Pastor Rick Jackson


I. THE PEACE OF YOUR CITY [Jeremiah 29:7]
1. Be Involved [v. 4-7]
"Seek" darash, daw-rash'; a primitive root; properly, to tread or frequent; usually to follow (for pursuit or search)
Christians ought be good citizens- be informed, vote, do your other civic duty [jury duty, report crimes, etc.]
2. Be Interceding "pray" [I Tm. 2:1-6, Jer. 29:7b]

3. Be Illuminating [Mt. 5:13-16]
II. THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM [Psalm 122:6]
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
1. Pray for the Jews [Ps. 122:6]
2. Present the Messiah [Rom. 10:1] through personal testimony and missions
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

3. Prepare for the Future [Ps. 122, Rm. 11]
III. THE PEACE OF ANY CITY
1. Dependent Upon the Prince of Peace [Isaiah 48:22]
There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

2. Dependent upon the Permeation of the Gospel [Genesis 18:32]

And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
3. Dependent upon the Prayers of God's People [II Chr. 7:14]

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'