Thursday, May 13, 2010

Are you Listening?



 

Are you listening? He that hath ears, let him hear

 

" He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches " Rev. 2:7.
 
Let's go back

My word, how did I do it? I meant to comment on the letters to the seven churches, for they speak to my church and your church, to me and you, today.
 
God knows

"I know thy works" Rev. 2:2, 9, 13, 19, 3:1, 8, 15. "All things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do " Heb. 4:13. What an awesome thought. In Ephesus, they had left their first love." 2:4. Sound familiar? In Thyatira, "you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality. " 2:20. In Laodicea, they were neither cold nor hot, but lukewarm and said, I have need of nothing" 3:15-17. That describes the church today more than any other. To name but just a few.
 
To him that overcometh

There is an open opportunity, there is an alternative advantage, there is a present possibility. Overcome the problem. Don't just sit there.

Dear people, we need Christians and churches who will be overcomers. Resign from the blame game. Quit the quitters. Join the victors and lets get back to normal Christians and churches. To him that overcomes, "I will give," "I will make," "I will grant to sit with me in my throne."
 
What's your problem? What's your excuse? What is your besetting sin? What's holding you back? "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4. "Rise up, O men of God." We need an old fashioned Spiritual revival and Spiritual reformation. We must as individuals and institutions go back to Scriptural and Spiritual living. It calls for courage, conviction and commitment but we must or we are sunk.
 
Chose you this day

"As for me, I will serve the Lord" Josh 24:15.
 
"Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first" Rev. 2:5.
 
Go back to reading at least 5 chapters of the Bible daily.
 
"First of all, pray for all men all 6 billion, that they might be saved. Pray for kings and all in authority, that we might lead a quiet and peaceable life" 1 Tim 2:1,2.
 
"Preach the gospel to every person, you have that few minutes alone with them.
 
"Love me" Jesus asked. Tell Him so. Stay in love with Jesus. BE AN OVERCOMER, that's all.

Prayer:  Father, we love You. You are so wonderful. Make us overcomers, help us to get in the game and see our world turned right side up again. In Jesus name.

Write us at sumnerwempwritings@eastwest.org

 


InJesus

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'