Friday, July 26, 2019

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

Let's be conscious today: "Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee." God has given "his angels charge over thee. . .to. . .bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone."
That is good! We got it made! - John R. Rice

You city slickers don't know but if you leave a barrel of rainwater out for awhile, mosquitoes breed in it and so you get wiggletails. The Christian life ought not have any wiggletails in it. We ought always be abounding in our Christian life. That means abound in love, abound in joy, abound in concern for souls. A dried-up kind of religion is not too happy. This neither cold nor hot, just lukewarm, half in and half out, good Lord and good Devil, milk and cider, is not the happy way. A Christian ought to have an abounding life. Jesus said, "I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly." - John R. Rice

I'm sure glad that I am not looking forward to retirement. I'll tell you the truth.
After Winona Lake [Sword of the Lord Conference] we have a family reunion down at Chattanooga. I'm going to slip a dictation machine in and get some work done. Vacation is all right for a little time but for a whole week at a time, goodnight! I'll play some games and we'll talk and we may go to Lookout Mountain, but a Christian ought to have some work he loves to do and is glad to do. Happy is that Christian that gets his fun out of work. - John R. Rice

"The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds. . . ." Tell your wants to God-everything. If there is something that isn't right, you can have this agreement with the Lord: "Lord, this is what I want, but if this is not what is right, will You fix my wanter and I will try to want what You want." Then you can pray in the will of God and get an answer. - John R. Rice

A Christian's life ought to be centered, not on what I can do myself, but on what God will do for me. You fight and war, you work hard, you save, you worry, you fret. That is not the way to get along. "Ye have not, because ye ask not." A Christian ought to work hard, but he ought to work without fretting about circumstances and the outcome. - John R. Rice

A Christian's life ought to be centered, not on what I can do myself, but on what God will do for me. You fight and war, you work hard, you save, you worry, you fret. That is not the way to get along. "Ye have not, because ye ask not." A Christian ought to work hard, but he ought to work without fretting about circumstances and the outcome. - John R. Rice

"I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it."-Ps. 81:10
"Open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it." The Lord is saying here, "I am the God who can do wonderful things." He said, "Remember how I brought the plagues on Pharaoh down in Egypt and turned the water of the Nile River to blood, and the plagues of frogs and flies? You remember the walking stick turned to a serpent? You remember the great darkness and the murrain of cattle, the hail that killed the animals and the crops, then the death of the firstborn?" He said, "I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt."
He said, "Remember how I opened the Red Sea with the walls of water on each side and you walked through dry-shod?" He said, "I am the God that gave you manna every day from Heaven for forty years and your garments didn't wax old, and your shoes didn't wear out, and your clothes grew with the folks those forty years." - John R. Rice


Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.
According to this verse, God has more for us than we take. God has bigger plans for us than we make. God has more love for us than we know. God has more people for us to bless than we do. Oh, if we could know the breadth, the length, the width, the height of all things, and the love of God which passeth knowledge! He said He " is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think." Can you ask something big? God has something bigger than that. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'