Monday, July 08, 2019

HE & me


                                                                                                                                                         

1 Corinthians 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. HE LOVED ME

1. He Drew Me to Himself [Jeremiah 31:3] The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

2. He Gave Himself for Me [Gal. 2:20b] …the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

3. He Washed Me in His Own Blood [Rev. 1:5] Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

II. HE LED ME

1. He Leads Me Where I Should Go [Gn. 24:27, 2 Pet. 3:17-18] And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever . Amen.

2. He Leads Me What I Should Do [Rm. 8:8-17] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore , brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God , and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

3. He Leads Me Who I Should Be Led By [Gal. 5:16-25]

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

III. HE LIKED ME [1 CHR. 28:4] Howbeit the LORD God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel for ever: for he hath chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father; and among the sons of my father he liked me to make me king over all Israel:

1. He Enabled Me [1 Timothy 1:12, Philippians 4:13] And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2. He Counted Me [1 Timothy 1:12, Philippians 2:3] And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

3. He Put Me [1 Timothy 1:12, Mt. 25:14-30ff] And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

-He Knows Our Capabilities/Abilities/Etc. – why do you think God gave that to you?
-We should use what He has given us in His service
-We should know Him [His likes, dislikes, expectations]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'