Wednesday, July 24, 2019

THE STANDARD


Matthew 5:38-48

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. THE PERFECTION OF GOD

1. His Work [Deuteronomy 32:4]

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

2. His Way [2 Samuel 22:31, Ps. 18:30]

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

3. His Word [Psalm 19:7]

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 38:3 And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore

II. THE PERFECTION OF GOD WORKING WITH THE CHRISTIAN

1. Positionally through Salvation [Heb. 10:14]

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

2. Practically through Scripture [1 Jn. 2:5, Colossians 1:28, 2 Tm. 3:17-17]

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

3. Prayerfully through Grace [2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Col. 4:12]

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

III. THE PERFECTION OF GOD WITHIN THE CHRISTIAN [Philippians 3:12]

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

1. Peace for the Mind [Is. 26:3, Philippians 3:15]

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

2. Truth for the Heart [Is. 38:3]

And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

3. Sanctification for the Body [Rm. 12:1-2]

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'