Monday, October 23, 2023

WHERE IS THE LORD GOD OF ELIJAH?

2 KINGS 2

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. ELISHA’S TESTING [v. 1-18]

 

1. The Test of Devotion [v. 1-6, 1 Kings 19:20]

And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said unto him, Go back again: for what have I done to thee?

 

2. The Test of Decision [v. 7-13]

 

3. The Test of Demonstration [v. 14-18]

 

II. ELISHA’S MINISTRY [v. 19-22]

 

1.  The Situation of the City [v. 19]

 

2. The Salt of the Covenant [v. 20-21, Numbers 18:19, Mk. 9:49-50]

- All the heave offerings of the holy things, which the children of Israel offer unto the Lord, have I given thee, and thy sons and thy daughters with thee, by a statute for ever: it is a covenant of salt for ever before the Lord unto thee and to thy seed with thee.

- For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

 

3.  The Sweetness of Christ [v. 22]

 

III. ELISHA’S CHALLENGE [v. 23-25]

 

1. They Mocked the Prophet – God’s Representative [v. 23]

 

2. They Mocked the Parting – God’s Work [v. 23b-24, 2 Pet. 3:3-4]

 

3. They were Mauled by Bears – God’s Reminder [v. 24-25, Lev. 26:21-22]

- And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

 

Genesis 37:2 Joseph=17 years old,  42:12=3same word, 1 Sam. 16:11=David’s older brothers, etc.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'