Sunday, October 15, 2023

NO CHRIST OR KNOW CHRIST

GALATIANS 5:1-4

Philippians 3:10 That I may KNOW HIM, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

 Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. NO CHRIST, NO REAL ANSWERS

 

1. Christ is the Answer to the Question of Salvation [Acts 16:30-31, 4:12, 1 Cor. 15:14]

- And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

- And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

 

2. Christ is the Answer to the Question of the Usefulness of Life [John 15:1-5, Matthew 10:39]

-I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

- He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

 

3. Christ is the Answer to the Question of the Future [Acts 1:7-8, Philippians 1:21-24]

- And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

- For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you

 

II. NO CHRIST, NO REAL PEACE

 

1.  You Must Know Him [2 Tm. 1:12, Philippians 3:8-10]

- For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

- Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

 

2. You Must Walk with Him [Amos 3:3, 1 Jn. 1:6-7]

- Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

- If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

 

3.  You Must Look to Him [Hebrews 12:2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith

-Look to the Sympathetic Jesus [Heb.  4:15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

-Look to the Sorrowing Jesus [Is. 53:3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

-Look to the Severe Jesus [Mt. 23] “Woe unto you” AT LEAST 8 TIMES

-Look to the Singing Jesus [Mt. 26:30] And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

-Look to the Suffering Jesus [1 Pt 2:21-25] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

 

III. NO CHRIST, NO REAL POWER [Mt. 28:18, Acts 1:8] Why do Christians lack Christ’s power?

-And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

-But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me

 

1. Stubbornness- a lack of submission [Romans 6:11, 1 Corinthians 15:31]

- Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

- I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

 

2. Ignorance- a lack of study [2 Timothy 2:15]

- Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

 

3. Weakness- a lack of the Spirit’s fullness [Eph. 5:18] And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'