Monday, January 14, 2019

RANDOM THOUGHTS MADE LESS SO - Strange Nicknames

Pastor Rick Jackson

I was told recently by a fellow pastor that his kids refer to me as "the pastor who came to see you" because I visited him when he was hospitalized.

An evangelist told me that his kids refer to me as "the applesauce preacher" because I mentioned to them I sometimes eat applesauce on pizza.

A lady in town refers to me as "Mr. Betterthanideserve" because when people ask me, "how are you?" I respond honestly by saying, "I'm better than I deserve."

A friend of mine, who is now with the Lord, used to call me "Bwudder Wick" because he heard a boy in Tn. call me that. The boy was trying to say "Brother Rick" but it came out somewhat differently.

I have been called worse, I have been called better. Most importantly, God calls me "son" - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of Godeven to them that believe on his name [John 1:12.].

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'