Sunday, January 13, 2019

FROM WHENCE COMES PEACE?




JOHN 14:1, 27

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. PEACE COMES THROUGH REDEMPTION

1. I Know I am a Child of God [Jn. 1:12]

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

2. I Know I am Saved [1 Jn. 5:9-13]

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

3. I Know Heaven is my Home [Jn. 14:1-6]

II. PEACE COMES THROUGH RELATIONSHIPS

1. I Know God is My Father [Jn. 1:12, Jn. 8:41-44, Mt. 6:1, 4, 6, 8-9, 26, 32; Rm. 8: 15]

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
8-9 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2. I Know Christ is My Saviour [Jn. 14:1, Titus 2:13]

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

3. I Know the Holy Spirit Indwells Me [Jn. 14:16-18, 26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20]

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.]

III. PEACE COMES THROUGH REALIZATION

1. I Know the Bible is the Word of God [2 Tm. 3:16-17]

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2. I Know God Cares for Me [1 Pet. 5:7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

3. I Know God Thinks Kindly Towards Me [Jeremiah 29:11, Rm. 8:31-39]

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'