Friday, January 25, 2019

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

In Lockport, Illinois, a man who owned a drugstoe was wonderfully saved in the service. When I gave him a chance to witness, he stood and said to the crowd, "I'm so glad to be saved! I have been wanting to be saved for a long time!"
I say that salvation can give peace of heart and the struggle is over. You have Heaven as your home and God as your Father, Christ as your Saviour, and Satan cannot have you. You belong to God. - John R. Rice

Jesus has promised, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matt. 6:33). So, knowing God's care is promised for me always, I have peace in my heart. I know I am a child of God. I know I am going to Heaven. I know He cares for me. Why, He has proven it all these long years, taking care of me and my family and has helped me to serve Him. It is wonderful to be saved! Yes, that is one thing being saved means--peace of heart and help day by day. - John R. Rice

Whatever planning you make for this world is more or less contingent and tentative and unsure. Oh, but to know that at the end of the road we have Heaven, happiness, blessing, and payday for all the toils and trials that we bore for Jesus! Heaven is wonderful! - John R. Rice

"Rule over [Genesis 3:16]? I don't want somebody ruling over me!" I know. Neither did the Devil when he was an archangel. He didn't want God telling him what to do. So he rebelled and became Satan. That is the same reason every man is in jail today. He did not want anybody telling him what to do. That is the trouble with every sinner who dies and goes to Hell. It is the very heart of Christ-rejection that puts people into Hell. There is no way to be a good Christian without submission to authority. So a wife is to be subject to her husband. - John R. Rice

But somebody says, "Brother Rice, that is in the Old Testament." But fortunately the God who wrote the Old Testament wrote a New Testament, too.- John R. Rice

"Brother Rice, I believe in talking to my children." Fine. Only sometimes they need a hearing aid since they don't hear very well.
At our house we had six girls. Sometimes Mrs. Rice would say, "Now, girls, I want these dishes washed and the kitchen cleaned up."
"All right, Mother." But, goodnight! Company would come and lots of things would be going on, and the first thing you know, Mrs. Rice would say, "Girls! This kitchen-I told you to clean up these dishes."
"Oh, Mother, I didn't hear you," or "I forgot."
Well, we found a way to help their hearing. The Bible says, "Bring them [the children] up in the nurture{or discipline or chastening or chastising] and admonition of the Lord." - John R. Rice

"Brother Rice, I believe in praying for our children." Fine--provided the praying is IN the will of God and not INSTEAD of the will of God. Praying is good if it doesn't take the place of obeying. "To obey is better than sacrifice" or praying, either one. So do what God said about it and you can have godly children. Chastening and admonition is the Lord's plan. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'