Friday, January 18, 2019

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

Oh, how glad I am that anybody can be saved! Someone says, "Oh, but I am such a sinner!" Well, remember Christ died to save sinners! - John R. Rice

A wicked old professed infidel at Duke, Oklahoma told me, "If I thought God would take such an old reprobate as I, I would come in a minute." I showed him Isaiah 1:18 where God says, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." I quoted John 6:37, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." He was wonderfully saved. - John R. Rice 

The Scripture says, "Now is the day of salvation" (II Cor. 6:2). And you can be saved. I do not promise that you can be saved tomorrow. You may be in Hell by then. I do not promise that God's Spirit will keep on pleading forever, for God says, "My spirit shall not always strive with man" (Gen. 6:3). But I will tell you that if today you want to be saved, you can be. Will you now turn your heart to Christ and trust Him? - John R. Rice

Oh, intelligent people, face the fact that you must live, that you must die, that you must face God, that you must come to judgment, that you must spend eternity in Heaven or Hell! Then surely honest hearts must say, "We must be saved!" - John R. Rice

There is nothing in the wicked, natural human heart to give permanent joy. Someone has said that Satan has no happy old men. Oh, no! Sin is a troublous thing. - John R. Rice

A little girl thirteen years old was saved in Dallas, Texas. I took the Bible and showed her how to trust the Saviour, and how gladly she did! Oh, how she wept! Then when she was sure she was saved, she wiped her eyes, smiled and said, "Now I will never be afraid to go to sleep any more!" - John R. Rice 

A little boy eight years old was saved. He was of a godly family. You would suppose that one that young had never had any time to fret about what would happen to him, how he might die and meet God. But he said very solemnly, "I sure am glad to have that settled!" - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'