Friday, October 16, 2015

JOHN R. RICE QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Christ is the answer to every need of a Christian. If we think of troubles and trials---and this world is full of them---we should remember that Jesus said, "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). We should remember that "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all" (Psalm 34:19). Jesus is greater than all the troubles of this world. - John R. Rice

He has not truly learned to pray who has not learned to beg. This is what Jesus meant in Luke 11:5-13 when he urged us to pray for Holy Spirit power like the man who came at midnight to beg of his neighbor. - John R. Rice

Perhaps your motive is wrong even if your prayer is right. But the fires of supplication will melt away the dross in your prayer life and God will be able to give you what you need if you wait before Him. "Supplication" is part of God's remedy for anxious care. Do not leave it out; pray through! - John R. Rice

This matter of God's presence with His people is not for the favored few, but for all. Every born-again child of God can know that God is with him and has promised ever to be with him, never to forsake him. On this matter we are not to go by our feelings. God is with you when you feel His presence. But He is also with you when you do not feel His presence. God is with you when your heart is happy and your faith is high. He is also with you when you are downcast and discouraged and unbelieving. - John R. Rice

The closing verses of the eighth chapter of Romans tell of this wonderful, unchangeable love of God for His people. Sometimes it is called the love of God; sometimes it is called the love of Christ. Never mind, both the Father and the Son love the children of God alike. Neither will ever let us go. The same chapter tells of the marvelous ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Christian. - John R. Rice

You ask me if I believe in the eternal safety of a Christian? I confess that I do. And I want you to see that my safety is altogether based on this blessed fact that a Christian is never left alone, never forsaken. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have combined in their work to keep the Christian. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee," said the loving Heavenly Father. "Lo, I am with you always," said the Lord Jesus, the Son. Then the Father and the Son combined to send the blessed Holy Spirit to the Christian. Jesus said, "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, THAT HE MAY ABIDE WITH YOU FOR EVER; Even the Spirit of Truth" (John 14:16, 17). - John R. Rice

Let it be clear in every mind that I do not claim to be good enough to be sure of salvation.
I am not talking about being saved by holding on to God's hand. I am talking about being saved by being held in His hand.
I am not talking about perseverance, though I long to persevere in serving Christ and pleasing Him. No, my salvation is based not on perseverance but on preservation. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'