Saturday, December 04, 2010

Question of the Week-Where is your focus?

Who do you please?

 

My mother taught me one of the greatest lessons I ever learned and use daily. She taught me to observe people. I try to learn the secret of success in influential people's lives. I want to look at some in the Bible.

Enoch pleased God
"Enoch walked with God...
for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God " Gen. 5:22, Heb 11:5. It had to be a delight to God to walk with Enoch. Remember who also "pleased" God? "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased" Matt. 3:17. And He Himself said, "I always do the things that are pleasing to Him," John 8:29. Why was God pleased with Jesus? He ALWAYS did those thing that He knew pleased His Father.

We must please God
Oh dear people, you and I must have a passion to "please" God. This has captivated me the past couple of months. The potential and possibilities of "pleasing God" overwhelms me. What we watch on TV, in movies, in magazines and papers makes a world of difference here on earth and in heaven . WOW, catch this, "When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him" Prov. 16:7.

I try to please my wife
I have said hundreds of times, "I have no greater joy than to put a smile on my dear wife's face." I want to please her. How much greater joy, to put a smile on God's dear face. What a testimony to have, "he pleased God."

Prayer:  Father, may each of us be consumed with the desire to please You, In Jesus name

You are loved by God and me, all because of Calvary, sumner


We would love to hear from you.
sumnerwempwritings@eastwest.org

 


InJesus

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'