Wednesday, December 22, 2010

POEM OF THE WEEK

CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN

Adapted by Rick Jackson from an unknown source


I’m looking forward to this Christmas in Heaven,

A glorious wonderful day!

I will stand with the saints of the ages,

Who found Christ, the Truth, and the Way.


I will sing with the Heavenly choir,

Just think! I who longed to sing,

And oh, what celestial music

We will bring to our Saviour and King.


We will sing the glad songs of redemption,

How the Redeemer to Bethlehem came,

And how they had called Him Jesus,

That all might be saved through His name.


We will sing once again with the Angels

The song that they sang that blest morn,

When shepherds first heard the glad news

That Christ, the Saviour was born.


Oh Dear Ones, I wish you to know

No Christmas on earth can compare,

With all the rapture and glory,

We’ll witness in Heaven so fair.


You know how I always loved Christmas,

It seemed such a wonderful day,

With friends and loved ones around me,

The children so happy that day.


Yes, now I can see why I loved it,

And oh what joy it will be,

When you and my loved ones are with me,

To share in the glories I’ll see.


So dear ones on earth, here’s my greeting,

Look up till the day dawn appears,

And oh what a Christmas awaits us,

Beyond all partings and tears!



But it’s only for those who respond,

To the invitation so gracious and true,

From the crucified, risen Saviour

Who did this all for you!

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'