Wednesday, April 21, 2021

UNDERSTANDING WHAT THE WILL OF THE LORD IS

Eph. 5:17

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

The will of the Lord has been a fascination with me for decades - some time before I was saved as the Holy Spirit let me know something was needed in my life and then even more so after I was saved- what does God want me to do, what is God’s will for my life.

The will of the Lord for a lost person, an unsaved person, the natural man is that they be saved. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 

But what is the will of God for a saved person? He may have a different place of service for you than someone else, a different ministry, but there are certain things that are true for all Christians:

 

 

I. THE WILL OF THE LORD IS TO BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT [5:17-18]

 

II. THE WILL OF THE LORD IS TO BE FILLED WITH PRAISE & THANKSGIVING [5:19-20]

 

III. THE WILL OF THE LORD IS TO FOLLOW HIS PATTERN FOR FAMILY LIVING [5:21-6:4]

 

IV. THE WILL OF THE LORD IS TO SERVE GOD IN YOUR DAILY LIFE [v. 6:5-9]

 

V. THE WILL OF THE LORD IS TO BE STRONG IN THE LORD [6:10-20]

 

BENEDICTION [6:21-24]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'