Thursday, April 29, 2021

HOW TO WALK AND PLEASE GOD

1 Thessalonians 4:1-2

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. BY SANCTIFICATION [v. 3-5]

 

1. Abstain from Physical Relationships Outside of Marriage [v. 3]

 

2. Live a Life that Honors God [v. 4-5, 2 Peter 1:17]

 

For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

 

II. BY HOLINESS [v. 6-8]

 

1. Be Upright [v. 6]

 

2. Be Holy [v. 7]

 

3. Be Aware [v. 8]

 

III. BY LOVE [v. 9-18]

 

1. Love the Brethren as God Does [v. 9-10]

 

2. Live Before the Lost as God Desires [v. 11-12]

 

3. Look for the Lord’s Return [v. 13-18, 2 Timothy 4:8]

 

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'