Monday, April 19, 2021

THE WITNESSES

ACTS 1:1-8

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE WITNESSES’ COMMANDMENTS [v. 1-4]

 

1. The Promise of the Father [v. 4, Luke 24:49]

 

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

 

2. The Proclamation of the Son [v. 4, 8]

 

3. The Power of the Spirit [v. 8]

 

II. THE WITNESSES’ COVERAGE [v. 8]

 

1. To Jerusalem and Judea (Home area)

 

2. To Samaria (“Hated” area) [Jn. 4:3-10]

 

He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. And he must needs go through Samaria. Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water

 

3. To the Uttermost Part of the Earth (Hallowed area) [Jn. 3:16, 20:21]

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

 

III. THE WITNESSES’ COMMISSION [v. 8-11]

 

1. The Person of Christ [v. 8, Is. 43:10-15]

 

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

John 4:25-26 25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Titus 1:3, 2:10, 3:4 … God our Saviour;

Titus 1:4, 3:6 … from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

12-15 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it? Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel;  I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

Col. 1:14-16 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

 

2. The Gospel of Christ [Rm. 1:16, Luke 24:46-48]

 

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things

 

3. The Promise of Christ [v. 9-11]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'