Sunday, July 12, 2020

WATCH OUT FOOL!




Ecclesiastes 5:1-7

When I was an elementary boy I had a friend named Pete. Pete was a funny kid and I like humor so we naturally got along pretty good! He had this silly way, without meaning any harm I suppose, of saying, “You fool!” Kind of like someone would say, “You silly goose!” Well, I started using it. Once I get something in my head I pretty near beat it to death and I have to watch myself closely. Even today I can get carried away with this. Well, Mom got tired of this “fool” business pretty quickly and shared some Bible with me and I kind of, with her help, broke that habit. But when God calls somebody a “fool” we’d best pay attention and make sure He doesn’t consider us a fool. Here are some things to watch out for.

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. WATCH YOUR STEP! [v. 1, 2 Tm. 4:1-4, Mt. 5:23-24]

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

“Going to some churches is not only a waste of time; it is wrong. It is wrong to give your approval to a liberal pulpit. It is wrong when you do not give your support to a fundamental pastor who is giving out the Word of God.” - J. Vernon McGee

Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

II. WATCH YOUR MOUTH [v. 2-3, James 1:19, Matthew 6:7]

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.


III. WATCH YOUR PROMISES [v. 4-7]

Psalm 66:13-14 I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows, Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble.

IV. WATCH YOUR HEART [Ps. 14:1, Jer. 17:9-10]

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.


V. WATCH YOUR SPEED [Luke 24:25]

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'