Friday, September 30, 2016

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

The kingdom of Christ will not come until Christ Himself comes. Man fails, the churches fail, the preachers fail, only Christ Himself has not failed. - John R. Rice

Many events in the life of the Antichrist are foretold in the Bible. However, almost without exception they concern that three and one half years in the Great Tribulation which begins in the middle of this week. The first event in the life of the Antichrist which is foretold in the Bible is this treaty or covenant with many Israelites mentioned in Daniel 9:27. The Antichrist will evidently be an Italian, or at least he must come from the bounds of the ancient Roman Empire whose army destroyed Jerusalem in A.D. 70. - John R. Rice

So turning to Abraham the LORD said, "Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know."
God put it in human language as tenderly as a loving God could do. He must seek, with every leniency a righteous God could observe, to find whether Sodom and Gomorrah must be destroyed for the sins the angels had reported to them. One could not say that God did not know. But God used human language to explain the matter to Abraham. - John R. Rice

Oh, the best thing I know about Jesus is that He loves sinners!
That is the complaint the Pharisees made about Him, in Luke, chapter 15: "Why, this Man receives sinners." Oh, I am glad the publicans and sinners gathered in to hear Jesus. - John R. Rice

"And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them."
Yes, He does. You understand, He required that sinners repent. There is Nicodemus, to whom Jesus said, "Nicodemus, you have to be born again or you cannot see the kingdom." He said to a woman taken in the very act of adultery, "Go and sin no more." I don't mean that Jesus took up for sin. I don't mean He played it down. I don't mean it didn't matter to Him. But when a person has a belly full of sin and is sick and tired of his way of sin and comes to Jesus, He meets him with open arms. - John R. Rice

We sometimes may feel a little sensitive about being on intimate terms with Jesus. I have sometimes felt a little strange with people- maybe ignorant people but very fervent people- who would pray, "Dear sweet Jesus...." That is not so bad.
I have six daughters. I remember when Joy was five or six she would ride with me in the front seat. She would stand up and hold onto my ear or tie or pat my neck, then she would say, "My sweet Daddy! My sweet Daddy!" I didn't mind that. And when this poor woman came and touched the feet of Jesus and washed them with her tears, the Lord Jesus loved it. - John R. Rice

A nice Lutheran woman up in Wisconsin wanted to get saved. At her church nobody got saved. What would she do? She thought, if I go to the Holy Land, maybe I could get saved over there.
And a Catholic woman who takes THE SWORD OF THE LORD said, "You ought to go with Brother John Rice. He takes a crowd every year, a very V.I.P. crowd, to go to the Holy Land."
So this Lutheran sent in her reservation. I didn't know then the hungry heart of this woman. She went with us to the Hol...y Land. And in Jerusalem at a gospel service where Rev. Ron English preached, this woman came forward to trust the Lord at the invitation. How happy she was! She talked to me later and said, "Jesus said, 'Seek and ye shall find.' I sought and I found!"
Isn't that strange? God can use a Lutheran woman in a far-off state and a Catholic friend to get her to go on my tour to the Holy Land; she goes all the way over to Jerusalem to get saved!
The Lord is in the business of saving people and He will do anything that anybody will help Him do to get somebody saved. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'