Pastor Rick Jackson
A work in progress to be sure.
I. TRUST IN THE LORD [v. 3] properly, to hasten for refuge; figuratively, to trust, be confident or sure
1. Do Good- [v. 3, Acts 10:38] How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good,
2. Dwell- [v. 3, 1 John 4:13] Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
3. Feed- [v. 3, Isaiah 40:1, 10-11]
2. DELIGHT IN THE LORD [V. 4] to be soft or pliable
1. A Matter of the Will [v. 4, Rm. 12:1-2]
2. A Matter of the Way [v. 4, Jn. 14:6]
3. A Matter of the Willingness [v. 4, John 15:7] If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
III. COMMIT THY WAY UNTO THE LORD [v. 5-6] to roll (away, down, together), run down, trust, wallow
1. Trust Him [v. 5a]
2. Leave it to Him [v. 5b]
3. Watch Him Do It [v. 6, Lk. 9:23-26]
IV. REST IN THE LORD [v. 7ff.] cease, forbear, hold peace, quiet self, rest, be (stand) still, tarry, wait.
1. Let Go and Let God be God [v. 7a] “Rest in the LORD”
2. Let God take His Time and Work [v. 7b] “wait patiently for him”
3. Let God take His Time with Others [v. 7c] “fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way…”