Friday, June 17, 2016

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

Don't argue with God when He puts it on your heart to do something.
Some years ago a matter would come up of how much I should give to this cause, and how much I should give to that. I have acknowledged many years ago that the tithe was not mine. One day I said, "All right, Lord, we will just have this fighting over with. The largest sum You put in my heart is what I am going to give right then. I won't argue about it." And I have followed that now for good long years. - John R. Rice

You know, God doesn't send a Christian to Hell. But He sometimes withdraws His fellowship. - John R. Rice

Will you notice then that every word proceedeth from the mouth of God. And a Christian needs to feed on it all the time. It is an awful sin of those who don't feed abundantly; those who have Christ but no power; those who have the Bible but don't love it; those who have been saved but don't bring any fruit to perfection. - John R. Rice

Some seed fell among thorns and sprang up but brought no fruit to perfection. That is a Christian who doesn't get anybody saved. That is a Christian who doesn't give up his cigarettes, or doesn't get baptized and set out to live for God. Do you think he is a real Christian? Well, the only kind of Christians there are, are imperfect human beings. There are no perfect Christians. One who has trusted Christ is but a child. The, we ought to set out to follow Him. That is why Christians have to grow in the faith and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. That is why Christians are commanded to "put on the new man" daily. - John R. Rice

Oh, you troubled, disillusioned people, turn to Christ and let your bitter waters be made sweet. I have found it so. I have not been a very good Christian, but I have been a Christian since I was nine years old. That means seventy-two years. Thank God, the more I know about Jesus, the more I thank God I am on His side and that my sins are all forgiven. It is wonderful to have the waters made sweet. And the cross of Christ will do that. - John R. Rice

By the way, one who doesn't believe the Bible is a fool. Jesus said, "O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken." You are ignorant, and you never set out to find what the Bible says. One who becomes acquainted with the Bible and studies it with an open heart comes out knowing it is the Word of God and that Christ is the Son of God. - John R. Rice

Did you know that God lets trouble come so you will call on the Lord? I am glad Moses had to pray. I am glad Moses said, "Lord, I am in a tight. The people are about to stone me to death. I don't know what to do about water." Yes, but aren't you glad that gives occasion for God to show His hand? Man's great trouble is God's opportunity. Trouble gives God a chance to help them. Moses called on the Lord. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'