Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Quotes of the Week

Acts 12:16 tells us "Peter continued knocking." He had been delivered out of stocks and bonds, he had passed the armed guards and made his exit to liberty through an iron gate, but he was finding it extremely difficult to get into a prayer meeting. - Kenny McComas

This volume is the writing of the living God. Each word in it dropped from the Everlasting Lips. Each sentence was dictated by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is God's Book unto man. It is God's Word. - C. H. Spurgeon

Just today I was discussing Psalm 23 with one of the brethren. "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." Right at the moment I do not have dying grace. I have had saving grace, living grace, tithing grace, preaching grace, persecution grace, but never dying grace. But then, I have never died!
When I face death, God will give to me that dying grace; and God will be more real to me than ever before. Dying grace will be a new experience, a blessed experience. I am not anxious to die, but when that day comes, He will take away the sting of death. - Harold Sightler

When facing a problem the best angle to use is the try-angle. - Raymond Barber

It has well been said, "We are not sinners because we sin. We sin because we are sinners." - Warren Wiersbe

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'