Sunday, August 16, 2015

“NO. I POSITIVELY KNOW!”


“NO. I POSITIVELY KNOW!”

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

The story is told that some people came to Bill Rice once and complained of his “negative preaching”. He was always preaching against something they claimed instead of for something. Having read and heard many of his messages  I can testify that is not true but it is what they perceived. He said, “It just so happens I am going to preach a positive message tonight.” Having, they felt, accomplished their goal- they promised to be in the evening service. Dr. Bill preached that night on the truth that he was positively against sin!

 

I. POSITIVE “NOs” FOR THE BIBLE CHRISTIAN (I JOHN 2)

 

1. There is Positively NO Lame Advocate (2:1) (He’s Heaven’s undefeated lawyer)

 

2. There is Positively NO Limited Atonement (2:2, Ps. 78:40-41ff)(unlimited love)

 

3. There is Positively NO Lacking Assurance (2:3, II Tm. 1:12) (unvarnished truth)

 

II. THE POSITIVE “KNOWs” (I JOHN 2)

 

1. Positively KNOW Him (2:1-3a, 5:13) (that’s relationship)

 

 2. Positively KNOW His Presence (2:3-5, 1:6-7) (that’s fellowship)

 

3. Positively KNOW His Truth (2:18-21, Jn. 15:13-19, Jm. 4:4) (that’s friendship)

 

III. THE POSITIVE NO KNOWS

 

1. NO person KNOWs God apart from Christ (Mt. 11:27)

 

2. NO person KNOWS when Christ will return (Mt. 24:36, 42; 25:13)

 

3. NO person KNOWS spiritual truth apart from God’s Spirit (I Cor. 2:10-12)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'