Sunday, September 04, 2011

I AM… I AM… I AM NOT


ROMANS 1:1-13

Pastor Rick Jackson

There are certain things that are true of a few people, there are some things that are true of many people, there are even things that are true of all people [3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9-13]. But here we see that under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit Paul gives us something that is true of all Christians and two things that ought be true of all Christians.

I. “I AM DEBTOR” [v. 14]

1. To All Races [v. 14, 16b, Mark 16:15]

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

2. To All Levels [v. 14, Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

3. To All His Will [v. 14, Lk. 12:42-48]

Genesis 4:9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

II. “I AM READY” [v. 15]

1. I’m Saved [1 Corinthians 1:18]

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

2. I’m Certain [2 Timothy 1:12]

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

3. I’m Sanctified [Romans 15:16]

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

III. “I AM NOT ASHAMED” [v. 16]

1. Of the Gospel [v. 16, it’s God’s plan]

2. Of Christ [v. 16, He is THE Saviour, Mark 8:38]

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

3. Of God [v. 16, 2 Timothy 1:7-12]

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'