Sunday, July 10, 2011

THE GRACE FACTOR

1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
2 Corinthians 4:15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Pastor Rick Jackson

Listening to a message by pastor Bradley Price recently and almost in passing he said, “God has more grace than you will ever need.” That statement is profound in its simplicity and simplistic in its profundity. It got me to thinking…

I. WHAT GRACE IS FOR!

1. Salvation [ Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2. Sanctification [Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.]

3. Service [Romans 1:5, 12:6, Galatians 1:15-16]

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Ephesians 3:7-8 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

II. WHAT GRACE DOES!

1. Abounds [Romans 5:17-20, 2 Corinthians 4:15]

For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

2. Reigns [Romans 5:21-6:4, 14-15]

3. Humbles [Romans 11:6, 12:3]

III. HE GIVETH MORE GRACE… [James 4]

1. As you Battle the Flesh [1-6a, 2 Corinthians 12:9]

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2. As you Humble Yourself [v. 6b]

3. As you Submit to Him [v. 7-10]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'