Wednesday, July 06, 2011

THE EVIL EYE

MARK 7:14-23

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. IT’S ORIGIN [Dt. 28]

1. It Begins with Simple Disobedience [v. 1-2, 14-15,

2. It Continues with Sinful Dissatisfaction [v. 45-48]

3. It Culminates with Self-Deification [v. 49-58]

II. IT’S MANIFESTATION

1. Selfishness [Dt. 15:9ff]

2. Short-sightedness [Proverbs 28:22]

He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

3. Small-Mindedness [Mt. 20:1-15]

III. IT’S MISTAKES [Lk. 11:28-36]

1. Undervalues Living By Faith [v. 28-29]

2. Undervalues the Lord’s Person [v. 30-32]

3. Undervalues the Significance of being Single-minded [v. 33-36]

John the Baptist didn’t - John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease

Jesus didn’t - Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Paul didn’t - Philippians 3:13-15 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'