Sunday, September 27, 2009

GIVE & TAKE

MATTHEW 26:17-20

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. BEHOLD THE GIVER

1. Jesus Gave His Word [v. 18-19, 24]

2. Jesus Gave Himself [v. 26-28]

John 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

3. Jesus Gives Life [v. 28]

John 4:13-15 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

II. BE A TAKER

1. Take God at His Word [Isaiah 28:16]

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

God sure puts a premium on believing Him!

John 3:16-18, 36, 5:24, 6:35, 6:47, 7:38, 11:25, 12:44, 14:12
Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
1 Peter 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

2. Take Christ as your Savior [Jn 1:11-12]

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

3. Take the Bible as your Guide [Psalm 31:3]

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Psalm 73:24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

III. BE A PARTAKER [I Cor. 11:23-32]

1. Worshipfully [v. 23-27]

2. Willingly [v. 28]

3. Wisely [v. 27-32]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'