Sunday, September 06, 2009

THE COMFORTER & HIS WORK

Ecclesiastes 4:1 So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.
Lamentations 1:9 Her filthiness is in her skirts; she remembereth not her last end; therefore she came down wonderfully: she had no comforter. O LORD, behold my affliction: for the enemy hath magnified himself.
Lamentations 1:16 For these things I weep; mine eye, mine eye runneth down with water, because the comforter that should relieve my soul is far from me: my children are desolate, because the enemy prevailed.
Isaiah 40:1-3 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. THE COMFORTER TESTIFIES (bears witness) [Jn 15:26]

1. He was Sent by Jesus

2. He was Sent from the Father

3. He was Sent as the Spirit of Truth to Testify of Truth

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

II. THE COMFORTER TEACHES [Jn. 14:26]

1. As a Member of the Trinity

2. As Omniscient (all knowing) [1 Corinthians 2:10]

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

3. As the Author of the Holy Bible [2 Peter 1:21]

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. [also II Tm. 3:16 proving the Holy Spirit is God]

III. THE COMFORTER TARRIES [Jn. 14:16]

1. Like Jesus, the Spirit Loves us [1 John 2:1]

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

2. Like Jesus, the Spirit comes from the Father [James 1:17]

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

3. Unlike Jesus's Ministry, the Spirit's Ministry is to Tarry [Jn. 16:17]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'