Sunday, November 30, 2008

THE UNAVAILABLE OPTION

PSALM 2

Pastor Rick Jackson

The Word of God tells us that there is a spiritual war raging all around us. Since the angel Lucifer turned against God he has sought to turn anyone and anything against God. This is a conflict in which neutrality is an impossibility. The Lord Jesus said in Luke 11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

When Adam sinned he aligned the world's system with the Devil's side. This world is no friend of grace. The Bible says [James 4:4] Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

You have a choice but the choice is to be God's servant or Satan's servant. There is no middle ground, no other options, no neutrality. Psalm 2 clearly draws the line in the sand to help you make the decision concerning what side you will be on.

I. THE WICKEDNESS OF THE WORLD [2:1-3]

1. It's Rage [v. 1a, Jn. 15:18]]

2. It's Ramblings [v. 1b, Rm. 1:21ff]

3. It's Rebellion [v. 2-3, I Jn. 2:15-17]

II. THE FOCUS OF THE FATHER [2:4-6]

1. Derision [v. 4]

2. Displeasure [v. 5]

3. Determination [v. 6]

III. THE SUPREMACY OF THE SON [2:7-9]

1. The Resurrection Proclaimed [v. 7, Acts 13:33, Rm. 1:4]

2. The Reign Promised [v. 8]

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Matthew 22:44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Mark 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool .

Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

3. The Reign's Power [v. 9, Rev. 19]

IV. THE SENSIBILITY OF THE SPIRIT [2:10-12]

1. Listen to Reason [v. 10, Is. 1:18]

2. Lean to Rejoicing [v. 11] "Trust & Obey"

3. Learn to Repent [v. 12, John 16:7-11]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'