Sunday, November 23, 2008

FOLLOWERS OF PAUL, DISCIPLES OF CHRIST

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample

Pastor Rick Jackson

II TIMOTHY

I. THE TENDERNESS OF PAUL

1. We must love the Saviour! [4:8]

Romans 8;28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose

2. We must love the Lost! [2:24-26]

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

3. We must love the Brethren [2:2]

Philemon 1:5 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;
Philemon 1:7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.

II. THE TOUGHNESS OF PAUL!

1. Stand! - Don't be a compromiser! [2:1-2, 4:7a]

2. Stay! - Don't be a quitter! [2:3, 4:7b, 10]

3. Serve! - Don't be half-hearted! [2:4-5, 4:7c]

Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

III. THE TESTIMONY OF PAUL!

1. Paul had Confidence! [1:12, 2:15-19]

2. Paul had convictions! [3:15-17]

3. Paul had Courage! [4:6-8]

Acts 20:22-24 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'