Wednesday, November 12, 2008

3 F's THAT MAKE FOR A GOOD REPORT

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. FORGET THE PAST [Phil. 3:13-14]

1. Forget Past Victories [v. 13]

Forget in the sense that you hide it from the forefront of your mind, it's importance is diminished because you have more ground to cover.

2. Forget Past Failures [v. 13, Heb. 12:1] - because they're over.

Confess the sins, forsake them and keep running the race! FIDO!

Forget the failures of others! One man said, "I never forgive" To which John Wesley replied, "Then sir, I hope you never sin."

Clara Barton was asked by a lady if she remembered when that lady had once done her wrong. Barton said, "I distinctly remember forgetting it!"

3. Forget the Pleasures [Num. 11:1-10]

II. FACE THE FUTURE WISELY

1. Don't Worry (undue concern) About It! [Mt. 6:34]

2. Don't Count On It! [James 4:13-14]

3. Don't ignore It! [Mk. 1:1-8, Mt. 6:19-20]

Amos 4:12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.

III. FOCUS ON THE PRESENT

1. Be Today What You Ought Be [Phil. 4:13-14]

2. Do Today What You Ought Do {James. 4:15-17]

3. Live Today How You Ought Live [Psalm 118:24]

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'