Friday, April 21, 2006

ARE YOU ONLINE?

According to the latest studies almost 75% of Americans have accessed the internet. At home, at work, at school, at the library and a few other places make this number a reality. Like any other toll the internet can be used for good and it can be used for evil. Less than 20 years ago my wife talked me into getting her a computer, less than 15 years ago my wife talked me into getting the internet, less than 10 years ago my wife talked me into buying stuff online. I ‘m kind of scared to see what she will talk me into next.

Long before Al Gore invented the internet (and Queen Elizabeth II invented the microwave) you could be online with a source of information greater than the worldwide web. People could and still can have direct access to Almighty God. So I ask you, are you online with God?



I. THE BEGINNINGS


1. The ISP (Inner Service Provider) is God (Rm. 4:24-5:11)

2. The Password is Jesus (Rm. 10:9-13)

3. The Online helper is the holy Spirit (Rm. 8:1-16)



II. THE BARRIERS

1. Sin can mar the connection (I Jn. 1:5-10)

2. Satan wants to hack the control (I Pet. 5:8)

3. Worldly virus can corrupt the data (Mark 4:19, I Jn. 2:15)

III. THE BASICS

1. Kneemail (Acts 21:5, Eph. 3”11-21, Heb. 12:12)

2. Text messages (Is. 34:16)

3. Forward information (Mt. 28:18-20)

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'