Sunday, July 23, 2023

MY LORD AND MY GOD

JOHN 20:24-29

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE “MY” OF RELATIONSHIP

 

1. “My Church” [Mt. 16:18]

- upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

 

2. “My Sheep” [Jn. 10:14, 26-28]

- I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

- But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

 

3. “My Brethren” [John 20:17]

-Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

 

II. THE “MY” OF PRIVILEGE

 

1. “My Peace” [John 14:1, 27]

-Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

 

2. “My Joy” [Jn. 15:11]

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

 

3. “My Grace” [2 Cor. 12:9]

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 

III. THE “MY” OF RESPONSIBILITY

 

1. “My Friends” [Jn. 15:14-16]

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

 

2. “My Words” [Lk. 9:26, 15:7]

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

 

3. “My Name” [Jn. 14:13-14, Mt. 18:19-20]

- And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

- Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'