Monday, October 03, 2022

ISRAEL’S FEARFUL & FABULOUS FUTURE

ZECHARIAH 1:12-17

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE CUPS

 

1. The Cup of the Messiah [Zech. 11:12-13, Jn. 18:11]

 

Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

 

2. The Cup of Trembling [Zech. 12:1-3, Is. 51:17-23]

 

3. The Cups He Offers [Ps. 116:12-19, Matthew 20:22]

 

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people, In the courts of the Lord's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.

But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

 

II. THE FOUNTAINS

 

1. The Pouring of the Spirit [Zech. 12:10-14]

 

2. The Power of the Fountain [Zech. 13:1]

 

3. The Promise of the Living Waters [Zech. 14:4-8]

 

III. THE REMNANT

 

1. Two-thirds Down [Zech. 13:8]

 

2. One-third Refined [Zech. 13:9, Rm. 11:26-27]

 

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

 

3. “All Israel” Explained [11:26-27, 9:1-6, 4:9-25]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'