Friday, October 21, 2022

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

 One of my songs says:

In the morning, at the noontime,
And when come ev'ning shadows,
I love Thee, my Jesus,
I love Thee, my King.
In rejoicing and in sorrow,
In lightness and burden
I love Thee, my Saviour and Lord.
- John R. Rice [Comments on 1st Thessalonians, pg. 29-30]


If you can't be happy when it is dark, then you are no better than the heathen. Neither can they. A Christian always has something to be happy about. - John R. Rice [Comments on 1st Thessalonians, pg. 30]


If you are not happy, there are two or three reasons. One, you don't quite believe those promises. You don't really believe that all things work together for good. You don't really believe that God is going to take care of you and never leave you alone. - John R. Rice [Comments on 1st Thessalonians, pg. 30]


"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." [1 Th. 5:18]
Give thanks when we are well, and give thanks when we are sick. The truth is, when God gets done, you will find that what He had in mind is a lot better than what you would have chosen. So thank God for some trouble; thank Him for some pain. - John R. Rice [Comments on 1st Thessalonians, pg. 30]


I had a heart attack about two years ago [written in early 1980, by late Dec. Dr. Rice would be with the Lord- editor] and I am a bit limited. I can't walk up the stairs, nor carry baggage. I must rest certain hours each day. So what shall I do? I have seen so many healed in answer to prayer who were sick. But shall I be different from others? As far as holy living is concerned, yes. But shouldn't a Christian suffer like other Christians suffer? The Lord has told us to rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep. - John R. Rice [Comments on 1st Thessalonians, pg. 30-31]


I am no better than other people, so I can't expect the Lord to make me thirty-five again. I will ask him for daily help, and I am getting it, too. And the Lord watches over me and keeps me. Praise the Lord! - John R. Rice [Comments on 1st Thessalonians, pg. 31]


I am saying, a Christian ought to be willing to suffer some for Jesus. So whatever comes is good. If you don't know it now, you will later when it all comes out. "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."
So every one can rejoice. - John R. Rice [Comments on 1st Thessalonians, pg. 31]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'