Friday, June 28, 2019

JOHN R. RICE QUOTES OF THE WEEK

How many here have read the whole Bible through, every line of it, at least once? Let's see your hands. Well, that's most of us. Anybody who hasn't is still a baby Christian. - John R. Rice

Why wouldn't you like the Bible? You love to get a letter from friends and loved ones. Then why don't you like to read from God's Word what He has said to us? There must be something very wicked, tainted and fallen about our nature that makes it so we don't enjoy the Bible. - John R. Rice

A Christian ought to enjoy the Bible. - John R. Rice

Some people don't like me because of two things. One, I'm too strong on verbal inspiration. I believe God gave the very words. I don't have to go to some smart aleck to find out how they figured it out and copied it out of documents and by comparing Matthew, Mark and Luke, decide they copied it from one another. I just believe what the Bible says. "Every word. . .proceedeth out of the mouth of God." - John R. Rice

Then, some people don't like me because I love all Christians. I like them before they are baptized as well as after they are baptized. I am pleased a little better with them after they are baptized, but I love them before they are baptized, too. I'm for good Christians who don't understand everything. I'm for young converts, whether they know all the Bible yet or not. - John R. Rice 

Why don't you just get to where you believe that whatever is in the Bible is wonderful and you are going to live by it the best you can, no matter whether everybody thinks you are a nut or not. - John R. Rice

In Springfield, Missouri I preached to a great crowd of young people on "Seek ye first the kingdom of God," and "Present your bodies a living sacrifice," and "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." A lovely girl and a student in the college came later and said, "Brother Rice, I am willing for the Lord to have His way about all but one thing. I would like to make my own decision about whom I marry."
I said, "Then you think you are really smarter than the Lord about this?" I said, "No marriage is likely to be a success unless it is guided by the Lord and has the Lord's blessing."
She went away crying. "I would like to decide that matter by myself."
But she came back to me later and said, "I have decided that the Lord loves me and He would know better in selecting somebody for me to love then if I chose." - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'