Sunday, June 02, 2019

GO ON ANYWAY




GN. 37:1-5, 39:1-3, 19-23, 40:23-41:1, 9-16, 38-44

Pastor Rick Jackson

That's what Joseph did as he faced the opposition of his brothers. As he faced the prospect of slavery. As he faced the proposition of sin. As he faced the perspective of prison. As he faced the forgetfulness of friends. As he faced the possibility of promotion. He seemed to say over and over again, "I think I'll just go on anyway!"
Each of us face hardships, heartbreaks, and hard times. Each of us gets frustrated, fearful and flustered. We all get weary, we all get dreary, we all get bleary what we need to do is...

I. FACE THE FACTS!

1. Turning Back will NOT make you Happy! [Acts 7:39]
To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

2. Turning Back will Make you Sorry! [Ps. 78:9-11, 21]
The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle. They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.
21 Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;

3. Turning Back will NOT Satisfy your Soul! [1 Samuel 15:11]
It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

II. FIGURE THE FINALS!

1. Finishing Will Honor God! [2 Timothy 4:6-8] For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

2. Finishing will Help Others! [Philippians 1:24] Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

3. Finishing will Heighten your Development! [Hebrews 5:14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

III. FORTIFY YOUR FAITH! [Eph. 6]

1. In the Lord [v. 10-12]

2.In His Word [v. 13-17]

3. In Prayer [v. 18]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'