Thursday, March 08, 2012

Witness where you are

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com


"Ye shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me" Acts 1:8.
God did not say "you might be" or "you ought to consider giving others a chance to go to heaven instead of hell also", God said ye shall be witnesses.
No one told me to witness but it was my most thrilling thing to see four of my best buddies get saved the first month I was saved. I did not know how to witness or how to present the gospel but I knew my pastor would put the gospel in every message and I just needed to get them to church. And this I did and my pastor did put the gospel in clearly and they got saved. Oh what joy that was.
My dear parents were hard and would not come to church at all. I wept and worked like mad to see them saved. Toward the end of their lives, I personally had the exceeding great joy of leading each of them to Christ. That is another great story that God did. I will tell later.
In Acts, they were to begin witnessing right where they were, "in Jerusalem" Luke 24:47 and go "unto the uttermost part of the earth" Acts 1:8. No one told me to begin right where I was except the Holy Spirit.
Three chapters a day reading schedule:
Fri 3/09 1 Corinthians 6-8
Sat 3/10 1 Corinthians 9-11
Sun 3/11 1 Corinthians 12-14
Mon 3/12 1 Corinthians 15-16; 2 Corinthians 1


No comments:

 
mobile='yes'