Thursday, March 15, 2012

Never argue when sharing the gospel

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com


I am sure you know that the devil is a liar. He has somehow spread the notion that people will be angry if you try to give them a tract or your testimony or graciously give them the gospel. So help me in my 70 plus years of sharing the gospel, I have had only one person get mad right from the beginning.
As my wife and I were going into a park in Hawaii for a picnic lunch with a native Hawaiian couple, there was a man sitting on a bench as we entered. I graciously offered him something "good to read" (a gospel tract) and he blurted out, mad as a hornet, "I don't want it, get out of here." I never said another word and left him alone. He did not offend me. I felt sorry for him. When he faces God, he will be very sorry he did not listen to what I had to say, the gospel, unless he gets saved before then. That must be our attitude all the time.
Never argue. "The servant of the lord must not strive" 2 Timothy 2"24. I WILL NOT ARGUE. Celeste and I were in a home one night to visit some people who had just moved in. I like to be the first one to visit them as new move ins. I introduced me and my wife. The man at the door invited us in. When I told them I was the pastor of the Baptist church down the street, one of the men lit into me like a roaring lion, throwing out arguments that Baptist were of the devil. I gently took Celeste by the hand, helped her up and told them, "I will not argue." Thank you just the same and we left.
Three chapters a day reading schedule:
Fri 3/16 2 Corinthians 11-13
Sat 3/17 Galatians 1-3
Sun 3/18 Galatians 4-6
Mon 3/19 Ephesians 1-3




InJesus

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'