Friday, March 02, 2012

Delight yourself in the Lord

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com


       

"Delight thyself also in the Lord (have a good time in the Lord) and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart" Psalm 37:4.
 
This is one of my all time favorite verses of the Bible. Let me tell you why. God said, "Delight yourself", He did not say deny yourself or disappoint yourself or deprive yourself but delight yourself in the Lord. Too many Christians and we preachers, often, spend more time on the negatives and preach what you can't do instead of the positives and what God wants you to have and do such as this right here, DELIGHT yourself in the Lord.
 
The girl I had been dating, the three weeks I had been going to church, asked me after church the night I got saved, about the date we had the next Friday night to go to the drive in movie. The movies were very mild compared to today. I blurted out, "Oh we are not going to the movie, we are going to prayer meeting."
I was delighting myself in the Lord and could not get enough spiritual food. She said, "Oh the young people don't go to prayer meeting."
I bounced back and said, "I don't care what they do, we are going to prayer meeting." I delighted myself in the Lord and still do.
 
Guess what. He still gives me the desires of my heart. Let me tell you one of the desires of every young person in those days. They wanted but hardly any got this desire. My grandfather drove down to Jacksonville Florida from Chicago in the most beautiful bright yellow sport roadster convertible and just gave it to me lock stock and barrel. I was the envy of our high school. Hardly any other student had a car, much less a beautiful sport roadster convertible. GOD DID THAT.
 
I have preached in every state but one but been there. My wife and I have been in over 70 countries and they paid us to come.
 
Why did I tell all these details? Because we must turn the tables on Satan and get the right perspective of God. He is extremely good. You kind sir, we desperately need a genuine example of what a Christian man and father is like. Get another Christian friend and delight yourself in the Lord.. You dear lady start really delighting your self in the Lord. Get your best lady friend to join you and see Him giving you the very desires of your heart. Make sense? Be a leader sir of your family, wife and children. Make sense? Of course it does, then do it kind sir. Claim it. Learn one or two verses of the Bible a week. I am going to give a list of powerful profitable verses next week to learn. In heaven and right here, you will be glad you did.
 
 
Three chapters a day reading schedule:
Fri 3/02 Romans 1-3
Sat 3/03 Romans 4-6
Sun 3/04 Romans 7-9
Mon 3/05 Romans 10-12

 



InJesus

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'