Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Steve's dad and a gospel tract

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com

You must read this. Steve and I have been partners in this email ministry for 15 years at least. Steve has a very godly father and mother. Steve's father's testimony of getting saved is the most unique I have ever heard. YOU MUST READ THIS. When he was 20 years old, Steve's father was sitting on his porch and saw some trash paper in the yard. He went to pick it up and throw away. Lo and behold it was a gospel tract. He read it through several times. He was so convicted, he prayed right there to receive the Lord Jesus as his Savior and was gloriously saved and hasn't gotten over it yet.
 
Do you know what that tells us? Give everyone you can a gospel tract. You never know how God is going to use them. My wife always put a tract in the bills she paid. She put my tract, "Your ticket to heaven" in one bill. With the receipt they wrote, "We have 27 people in our office. They all want one. Can you send them to us?" Of course we sent many more. A man in our church worked in a very large steel mill. He drove the large crane that carried enormous ingots of steel. He stapled a tract on the dash board. The driver on the next shift read it and received the Lord Jesus and told Bill about it.
 
I told about throwing a tract to a service man hitch hiking. I was going only two blocks or I would have picked him up. A few weeks later I attended a Navigator's meeting, the only one I ever attended. A sailor gave his testimony how someone threw a tract out of their car to him. He read it and accepted Christ as his Savior. I went to him after the service and we compared notes and realized it was the tract I threw to him. That was one of the greatest thrills of all my life.
 
Dear people get in the game and start using tracts and see God use them and people will go to heaven instead of hell. God will be pleased. He will bless you and reward you for eternity! Make sense?
 
To get my tract "Your Ticket to Heaven" call 1-877-872-2871 Good News Publishers. I get NOTHING and never would take it. The reward is in heaven.
 
Three chapters a day reading schedule:
Wed 3/21 Philippians 1-3
Thu 3/22 Philippians 4; 1 Thessalonians 1-2
Fri 3/23 1 Thessalonians 3-5
Sat 3/24 2 Thessalonians 1-3
 

 



 Subscribe 

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'