Friday, January 12, 2024

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

 Did you notice in the Saviour's parable of the great supper that the master first "sent his servant at suppertime to say to them that were bidden. Come . . ."? Those previously invited are reminded first. It is true that God gave Scriptures to the Jews before the Gentiles. It is true that to the Jews was given the law of Moses, the sacrifice picturing the Saviour's death, the tabernacle which prefigured His glorious sacrifice and ministry. But even in the Old Testament times, the gospel was for Gentiles as well as Jews. Naaman the Syrian, Ruth the Moabitess, Nebuchadnezzar the Babylonian king, the inhabitants of Nineveh, and multitude of other Gentiles found Christ in Old Testament times. The gospel was for all. But now that Jews have heard the gospel and rejected it, the command is to take the gospel to all the world, to press it upon every creature, to say "Whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." - John R. Rice [Immanuel--God With Us, pg. 131]

You say, "I believe the preachers are all preaching for money." Then they're a pretty wacky bunch. A preacher might be that mean but I sure hope that not many of them are that dumb! You go ahead and take the backsliders and the bootleggers and the Devil's crowd; I'll take the preachers. The Lord didn't say, "Come to the preacher." He said, "Come to Jesus." He didn't say, "Come to the church." It has to be Jesus. He didn't say, "Come to baptism." A little water on your head and a whole lot to dunk you in won't fix what's wrong with you, brother. It's Jesus you need. Come to Jesus. - John R. Rice [Was Pope John I a Born-Again Christian?, pg. 67]

The furniture of the tabernacle was made of wood, to picture Christ's humanity, and covered with gold, to picture His deity. The pure white linen over the tabernacle pictured His sinless purity. The ram's skins dyed red pictured His atonement. The badgers' skins, dull and unattractive to the world, pictured Him as this outer world sees Him. And the blue curtains pictured Him as deity, a heavenly being. - John R. Rice [Golden Path of Successful Personal Soul Winning [pg. 195-196]

So in Psalm 37:4 the Lord says, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Whatever your heart desires.

Mark 11:24, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
Again John 15:7, "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."
Oh, ask what you will. I know we should come to God with the heart attitude, "Lord, if this is wrong, You show me and I will change my prayer." I know we ought to come and say, "Lord, I am not trying to go against You, but I want this."
I have a little trade with God- I am going to tell Him whatever I want and I am going to tell him, "Lord, this is what I want, and I think it is all right, but if it is wrong, You fix my 'wanter,' and I will want the right thing." You see, I ought to ask for whatever I want from God. So should you. We are God's dear children and He is our dear Father. But we ought to come with a loving heart, willing to have whatever he gives. - John R. Rice

Some people believe that Satan himself is master and manager of Hell. That is not true. Satan is not even in Hell now. He goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He is called "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2). But the time is coming when he will be cast into Hell and be punished forever. - John R. Rice [Immanuel--God With Us, pg. 112]

Oh. judgment for all and Hell for impenitent sinners is coming. You may not like to talk about Hell, but the Bible does. You may not like the commandments: "Don't do this and don't do that!" But God gave commandments. And you may think God is too good to punish sin. If you think so, then you do not know the Bible, and you do not know the God of the Bible. You have made up a fake religion out of your human philosophy. - John R. Rice



No comments:

 
mobile='yes'