Friday, January 26, 2024

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

 I do not deny that the Devil has some pretty apples; I just say that all of them are fakes and that after you bite into them, you will find they have worms. All Satan's apples have worms. - John R. Rice [All Satan's Apples Have Worms, pg. 2]

Here is God's simple way to be saved. You are a sinner, your heart is wrong, you cannot save yourself, you are already condemned. The thing you are to do then, to be saved, is to simply trust the Lord Jesus with that matter. When you do trust Him, then you have God's Promise, "Thou shalt be saved." - John R. Rice

How many angels in Heaven? Ten thousand times ten thousand [Rev. 5:11] would be a hundred million, and add to these "thousand of thousands." That is at least two thousand times two thousands or a minimum of four million more. So there are at least 104 million angels. These were all called to worship Christ at His birth. "And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him" (Heb. 1:6). - John R. Rice ["BEHOLD HE COMETH!", page 124]

When I was a young college student I went with my pastor - a country pastor, an earnest soul winner - to a number of revivals in the summer. He invited me to be with him in seven weeks of revival services in seven country and small-town churches. I went. It wasn't long until he was sending me on ahead to start the revival. I didn't think I was called to preach. I didn't go out there to preach; I went to lead the singing. But it was not long until he pushed me out. I tried to argue. "I'm not the preacher."

He would say, "Then tell them you are not a preacher."
I said, "But I don't have any sermons."
He said, "You are an intercollegiate debater. You have a scholarship in oratory, and are out raising money, speaking for the Red Cross and all that, and you can't preach! That's a funny way to treat Jesus."
And - bless his heart - he outtalked me! You couldn't run long with him without being a preacher. So you can't run with Jesus without learning to win souls. That is the dearest thing to the heart of God.- John R. Rice [The Biggest Job in the World-- Soul Winning!, pg. 124-125]

Let every reader search his heart. Are you sure there is not a single known sin unconfessed to come to haunt your prayer life, to offend your heavenly Father, to grieve the sweet Spirit of God who dwells within you? O Christian, how sad when our sins shut up Heaven against our prayers and make it so God cannot hear as He wants to do! - John R. Rice [When A Christian Sins, pg. 49]

A little boy eight years old was saved. He was of a godly family. You would suppose that one that young had never had any time to fret about what would happen to him, how he might die and meet God. But he said very solemnly, "I sure am glad to have that settled!" - John R. Rice [Was Pope John I a Born-Again Christian?, pg. 108]

Excuses! Excuses! Lying, insolent, deceiving excuses! That is all that men offer when they will not have Jesus as Saviour and pretend that it is for some good reason. - John R. Rice [Immanuel--God With Us, page 151]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'