Sunday, August 07, 2011

THE POWER OF THE INCARNATION

LUKE 2:1-20

Pastor Rick Jackson

In Warren Wiersbe’s commentary on Luke 2 he points out the drawing power of the birth of Christ.

I. JESUS’ BIRTH DREW MARY AND JOSEPH FROM NAZARETH [v. 1-7]

1. God used a Heathen King to Unwittingly Do His Will [v. 1-3, Micah 5:2, Proverbs 21:1]

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

2. God Used Submissive Servants to Willingly Do His Will [v. 4-5]

3. God Used Ignorant Crowds to Unknowingly Do His Will [v. 6-7]

II. JESUS’ BIRTH DREW ANGELS FROM THE REALMS OF GLORY [v.8-15a]

1. The Terror of the Angel [v. 8-9]

2. The Tidings of the Angel [v. 10-12]

3. The Testimony of the Angels [v. 13-15a]

III. JESUS’ BIRTH DREW THE SHEPHERDS FROM THEIR FIELDS [v. 15-20]

1. Their Faith [v. 15]

2. Their Fastness [v. 16]

3. Their Forwardness [v. 17-20]

--------------------------------------------------

Before we close consider the drawing does not stop with His birth or with these events.

Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 12:32-33 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'