Sunday, May 15, 2011

SOLOMON’S REQUEST

2 CHRONICLES 1:7-12

Pastor Rick Jackson

This is one of those “I wish I had said that” kind of things. It was a great request by why was it a great request? What was the basis for the request, I mean, how did Solomon know to make that request? And if you know the story of Solomon he did not end up as well as he started and his son blew it even worse, to coin a phrase, “What’s up with that?!” The answers my friends are not blowing in the wind but are available in the Word of God.

I. THE GREATNESS OF THE REQUEST [v. 7-12]

1. Shown by His Recognition of God’s Grace [v. 7-8]

2. Shown by His Reliance on God’s Word [v. 9]

3. Shown by His Realization of God’s Absolute Necessity [v. 10-12]

Is this not what Jesus was teaching in John 15:1-7?

II. THE BASIS OF THE REQUEST [Pr. 4]

The Teaching of King David

1. Live It [v. 1-4]

2. Long For It [v. 5]

3. Love It [v. 6]

III. THE DEFILEMENT OF THE REQUEST [Pr. 4:20-27]

Solomon wisely asked for wisdom and then foolishly didn’t follow it. Consequently his son Rehoboam did not live wisely. Consider:

1. Solomon Listened to the Wrong Influences [I Kings 11:1-3]

2. Solomon Lived the Wrong Lifestyle [I Kings 11:4-5]

3. Solomon Left the Wrong Example [I Kings 11:6-13]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'