Monday, May 02, 2011

Quotes of the Week

We accept the biblical teaching with regard to creation and do not base our position upon theories of evolution, whichever particular theory people may choose to advocate. We must assert that we believe in the being of one first man called Adam and in one first woman called Eve. We reject any notion of a pre-Adamic man because it is contrary to the teaching of the Scripture.

If we say that we believe the Bible to be the Word of God, we must say that about the whole of the Bible, and when the Bible presents itself to us as history, we must accept it as history. I would contend that the early chapters of Genesis, the first three chapters of Genesis, are given to us as history.

Martyn Lloyd-Jones, What Is an Evangelical?, Banner of Truth Trust, pages 74–75, 1992 (reprint 2002).

The longer I live, the more I forget. However, the longer I live, the more I realize that is does not matter who knows or does not know our name. God knows. And it really doesn't matter who gets the credit. What matters is that God gets the glory. - Dr. Don Sisk, veteran missionary

Sometimes I think we forget that our children are people- new people- and their life experiences are their first! They are people who matter to God, and they are the most important people in your life, if you are a parent. No one else and nothing else should trump your relationship to your family. I don't care who it is, what they demand, or what kind of pressure they place upon you. Nothing trumps your family! - Cary Schmidt, Student ministries Director, Lancaster Baptist Church

I'm selling it like I bought it. - Henry Hodges

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'